Join Our Team
Want to make a difference in the financial readiness of the military community? This is the place for you!
Working for Military Saves is a great way to extend your military family and embark on a career that allows you to help the military community while utilizing your own skills, education, and ambition.
We offer competitive salaries and workplace flexibility.
If you are interested in working with Military Saves, please review our current openings below.
Posted: June 30, 2021
Military Saves Program Coordinator
Military Saves is seeking to hire a Program Coordinator who will be in charge of organizing and implementing ongoing program initiatives. This position will assist the Senior Program Manager and Director.
Military Saves, a component of America Saves and participant in the Department of Defense Financial Readiness Network seeks to motivate, support, and encourage military families to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth.
The research-based Military Saves program, coordinated by the non-profit Consumer Federation of America (CFA), uses the principles of behavioral economics and social marketing to change savings behavior and motivate action.
This position is fully remote and is a temporary contractor position at 10-15 hours a week. Compensation will be determined at an hourly rate.
- Provides administrative support as needed and undertaking project tasks as required.
- Attends weekly program and communications meetings to assess current workflow and needs.
- Coordinates initiatives designed to promote the organization and its services to the community.
- Implements and manages a results-driven social media strategy.
- Manages and oversees social media content, creates graphics, and community management.
- Responsible for the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Attends and produces live social media content.
- Maintains a unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Monitors social media channels for industry trends.
- Assists with coordinating activities around Military Saves Month.
- Familiarity with the military community is required.
- Experience in the personal finance field is preferred.
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools.
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats.
- Excellent social listening skills.
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space.
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills.
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills.
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Detail-oriented approach with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field is preferred.
- Experience with content management systems, email marketing programs, and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of project management applications such as Asana and Slack.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in Adobe Applications including; Creative Cloud, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere.