Memorandums and Endorsements
Military Saves Week:
Set a goal, Make a plan, Save automatically!
>> View the Military Saves Week video, generously produced by USAA Educational Foundation.
Army Reserve Family Programs Military Saves Week endorsement video featuring LTG Luckey and Mrs. Luckey
Military Saves Campaign Video Endorsement with Senior Enlisted Advisor and Combatant Command Senior Enlisted Leader Spouses
DoD Military Saves Campaign Video Endorsement with
SEAC, National Guard Bureau CMSgt. Mitchell O. Brush and Mrs. Blair Brush
Military Saves Campaign 2016 Endorsements
- "It is critical that command teams at all levels communicate the significance of financial readiness for Soldiers and their Families. A Soldier's financial well-being has a direct impact to unit readiness. Command teams must prioritize the financial well-being of our Army Reserve Soldiers by educating their ranks about the Military Saves Campaign and how it applies to the individuals within their command. The Military Saves Campaign reinforces personal financial responsibility. It is the duty of every Army Reserve leader to practice financial responsibility and impart its importance to others."
~Lt. Gen. Jeffrey W. Talley, Chief of Army Reserve and Commanding General of U.S. Army Reserve Command
- "The Army's Financial Readiness Program is a proud partner of Military Saves. To celebrate Military Saves Week 2016, Army installations around the world have released commander proclamations in support of the week and are planning financial readiness fairs, seminars and other special events. Military Saves Week is truly a world-wide financial readiness collaboration, and we are proud to be a part of it, encouraging Soldiers and their Families to save."
~Panesha G. Johnson, M.Ed, Financial Readiness and AER Program Manager, HQ Installation Management Command, G9, Family and MWR Programs
- "Making a small change in the way you save now could make a big difference in the long term. Setting up automatic deposits to a savings or retirement account can be a great way to save for your future. Making a plan, setting a goal, and saving automatically can lead to success. Become a Military Saver now and watch your money grow!"
~Assistant Director for Servicemember Affairs, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Military Saves Campaign Previous Endorsements
- "A Soldier CAN build wealth and serve the Nation. All it takes is for you and your family to set a goal, make a plan on how much to save, and establish an automatic saving mechanism - like an allotment to a savings account. I've always subscribed to theory, "Pay Yourself First." By that I mean, automatically set aside a percentage of your paycheck before you do anything else (make sure you get professional advice from a financial readiness counselor at your local Army Community Service office first to ensure you're savings plan is realistic and is aligned with your budget and debt management plan). You won't be rich over night; reducing your debt and building wealth takes time and discipline. But, saving money helps to protect your family's future.
And, remember to always inform and consult with your Chain of Command. Make a commitment today to pay yourself first - visit www.militarysaves.org and take the PLEDGE to become a Military Saver. It all starts when you set a goal, make a plan and then save automatically to reach that goal." ~15th Sergeant Major of the Army Daniel A. Dailey
- “A solid financial plan can help you establish financial independence, which in turn can provide increased opportunities for you and your family. Theresa and I encourage you to visit www.militarysaves.org and take the pledge to become a Military Saver. Thanks for all you do each and every day in support our great Navy and Nation."
~MCPON, Mike & Mrs. Theresa Stevens
- "In the military, we're conditioned to hope for the best, but plan for the worst. Finances are no different. Use Military Saves Week to identify your financial goals and adjust your course, if necessary." ~MCPOCG Steven W. Cantrell
- "The first step is often the hardest, but Military Saves Week makes it easy. It's a great opportunity for service men and women and their families to start saving money, reducing debt and building wealth. I'd encourage all families to visit MilitarySaves.org together and take the savings pledge. Set a goal, make a plan...and save with an eye towards the future."
~CMSAF James Cody
- "Military Saves Week is an opportunity for the whole family to gather and set financial goals together. It takes time and discipline to get out of debt and build wealth, but a family that does it together grows stronger and safer (and richer!). I hope all families visit MilitarySaves.org and pledge to become a family of savers!"
~CMSgt (ret) Athena Cody, Spouse of CMSAF James Cody
- “Start saving now so it’s there when you need it! Putting a little aside every month can mean financial stability for your family in the future. This February, become a military saver – take the pledge at www.militarysaves.org. You’ll be glad you did!” ~Holly Petraeus, Assistant Director for Servicemember Affairs, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Military Saves Week Endorsements (2013)
DoD Military Saves Campaign Memorandum (2007-2018)