Campaign Coordinator Timeline
The following timeline suggests recommended dates and activities to assist the Installation Campaign Coordinator with the successful implementation of a Military Saves Week Campaign at the installation-level. The timeline should be used in conjunction with the Campaign Coordinator Participation Kit.
- Coordinate with installation and unit commanders to identify “Military Saves” Unit Representatives to ensure 100% unit contact will be accomplished during the Week.
- Set goals for campaign outreach and participation.
- Reach out to installation Public Affairs and other base resources for assistance in getting the message of “Set a Goal, Make a Plan, Save Automatically” out to entire installation community using on base and off base methods including press releases.
- Make contact with on-installation organizations to arrange for financial education programming.
- Family readiness centers/youth centers
- On-installation financial institutions
- Reach out to off-installation organizations approved to provide financial education and resources.
- Coordinate volunteers to assist with outreach, Pledge counts, and data entry during and after Military Saves Week activities.
- Contact unit representatives to ensure that units incorporate Military Saves Week and messaging into all major programming and/or support delivery areas.
- Ensure that Military Saves Week activities are being promoted on the installation via print, email, posters, signage, giant voice and other resources.
- Begin to track program participation for later reporting.
- Installation Commander signs Proclamation for Military Saves Week.
- Installation will conduct adult and youth-oriented programs and events emphasizing the importance of creating and maintaining a savings plan. Persons 14 & older may take the Military Saves Pledge.
- All activities and events will be reported to chain of command and campaign coordinator at the conclusion of campaign Week for inclusion in the Military Saves Week After-Action Report and Reporting Survey. Final Pledge counts for Military Saves Week should be entered by March 31st.