America Saves Week/Military Saves Week 2019 Annual Report
Incredible progress was made in attacking the savings crisis through your efforts and activities during America Saves Week and Military Saves Week 2019. With engagement from over 2,000 organizations across the U.S., 40,000 Americans created savings plans and were motivated to assess their financial behaviors. Download the report
Military Saves 2018 Annual Report
For more than 15 years, Military Saves has motivated military families to save money and focus on their financial readiness. As the initiative celebrates this milestone, it is reimagining itself as a program that is more than a week-long campaign or pledge. Download the report
Military Saves Week 2017 Annual Report
Military Saves Week (the last week in February) is an annual opportunity for installations and organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for service members and their families to assess their own saving status. Military Saves Week is a worldwide financial readiness celebration! Check out how Military Saves Week 2017 happened at installations and organizations around the world! Download the report
Military Saves Week:
Set a goal, Make a plan, Save automatically!
>> View the Military Saves Week video, generously produced by USAA Educational Foundation.
Army Reserve Family Programs Military Saves Week endorsement video featuring LTG Luckey and Mrs. Luckey
Military Saves Campaign Video Endorsement with Senior Enlisted Advisor and Combatant Command Senior Enlisted Leader Spouses
DoD Military Saves Campaign Video Endorsement with
SEAC, National Guard Bureau CMSgt. Mitchell O. Brush and Mrs. Blair Brush
Military Saves Campaign 2016 Endorsements
- "It is critical that command teams at all levels communicate the significance of financial readiness for Soldiers and their Families. A Soldier's financial well-being has a direct impact to unit readiness. Command teams must prioritize the financial well-being of our Army Reserve Soldiers by educating their ranks about the Military Saves Campaign and how it applies to the individuals within their command. The Military Saves Campaign reinforces personal financial responsibility. It is the duty of every Army Reserve leader to practice financial responsibility and impart its importance to others."
~Lt. Gen. Jeffrey W. Talley, Chief of Army Reserve and Commanding General of U.S. Army Reserve Command
- "The Army's Financial Readiness Program is a proud partner of Military Saves. To celebrate Military Saves Week 2016, Army installations around the world have released commander proclamations in support of the week and are planning financial readiness fairs, seminars and other special events. Military Saves Week is truly a world-wide financial readiness collaboration, and we are proud to be a part of it, encouraging Soldiers and their Families to save."
~Panesha G. Johnson, M.Ed, Financial Readiness and AER Program Manager, HQ Installation Management Command, G9, Family and MWR Programs
- "Making a small change in the way you save now could make a big difference in the long term. Setting up automatic deposits to a savings or retirement account can be a great way to save for your future. Making a plan, setting a goal, and saving automatically can lead to success. Become a Military Saver now and watch your money grow!"
~Assistant Director for Servicemember Affairs, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Military Saves Week 2015 Award Winners
Armed Forces Bank, N.A., Fort Leavenworth, KS
- Partnered with Army and Air Force Exchange Services (AAFES) for widespread promotion of Military Saves Week 2015.
- Conducted promotional announcements via the AAFES announcement system. Announcements were made ten times per each day of MSW2015. Store transaction counts measured over 5,000 during MSW 2015.
- AAFES management, in collaboration with Armed Forces Bank, sent emails to all store employees during MSW 2015, encouraging saving in small
- ways every day.
- Personnel broadcasted the Military Saves message by wearing customized t-shirts, which read “Take the Plunge! Military Saves Week 2015”
- throughout the week long celebration.
- Conducted multiple table events at strategically selected, high visibility locations on the installation throughout Military Saves Week.
- Shared literature and talked with attendees about saving, Military Saves, identity protection, credit, pledge cards bearing the Military Save pledge,
- and the various incentives offered by Armed Forces Bank during Military Saves Week.
- Distributed over 950 promotional flyers and materials at these events in addition to distribution at 10 installation units, MWR, and all ATM locations.
- Bank personnel contacted Savers who had pledged in 2014, congratulating them on their efforts to save and encouraging them to re-pledge and
- re-commit to saving.
- Engaged area elementary schools in Military Saves Week and financial education.
- Distributed Military Saves literature to six elementary schools in the area and conducted a presentation on the importance of saving to approximately 81 fourth graders, all who signed certificates bearing the Military Saves Youth Pledge.
- The principal of one school signed a Military Saves Proclamation that was predominantly displayed in the school during throughout Military Saves Week.
- 1478 savers increased deposits to existing accounts, and 422 savers initiated automatic savings deposits.
Fort Hood National Bank, Fort Hood, TX
- Partnered with the Financial Readiness Branch to setup Military Saves Pledge booths throughout the installation.
- Booths were manned by bank employees, Command Financial Specialists, and representatives from the Financial Readiness Branch.
- Bank employees obtained 1,355 pledges.
- Provided a dedicated computer specifically for customers to take the online Military Saves Pledge.
- Developed a communication strategy for Military Saves Week.
- Sent an email blast to 18,433 customers promoting the Military Saves page on the bank website, which linked customers to the pledge form along with valuable savings information.
- Distributed 10,000 flyers to promote the campaign.
- Advertised Military Saves Week on the outdoor electronic sign.
- Facilitated multiple financial awareness briefings during the month of February to reinforce the message of Military Saves Week.
- Provided speakers, facilities, and other support to education efforts organized by the Financial Readiness Branch.
- In total, bank employees briefed 1,223 soldiers.
- Provided prizes to the Financial Readiness Branch for the winners of Financial Bingo and other games.
- 3,406 savers added to existing accounts, 64 savers initiated automatic saving deposits, and 131 savers opened new accounts.
Navy Federal Credit Union, Naval Submarine Base New London, CT
- Worked collaboratively with Fleet and Family Service Center staff to obtain a signed Commander’s Proclamation from installation Commanding and Executive Officers that were displayed within the branch throughout the campaign.
- Obtained pledges from the base Commander and Executive Officer.
- 21 informational tables were placed at numerous locations on-board the base throughout the month reached more than 500 service-members and their families.
- Asked members to pledge and write on the "What I am Saving For" sign created by the branch.
- Held a financial education presentation to approximately 145 attendees.
- Provided information on financial services such as obtaining a free copy of their credit report, financial counseling, and establishing budgets.
- 204 savers opened new accounts, 3675 savers added to existing accounts, and 68 savers established automatic savings deposits.
Pacific Marine Credit Union, Twentynine Palms, CA
- Branch personnel participated in numerous collaborative events with installation uniformed enlisted leadership during the month of February to promote Military Saves.
- Promoted Military Saves Week with posters, brochures, and electronic media.
- Placed posters inside the lobby of Pacific Marine Credit Union, and flyers were posted at each work station.
- Placed brochures at each of the five ATM locations on base.
- Military Saves Week promotional information was scrolled continuously on the Digital Display TV in the lobby for the entire month of Military Saves.
- Beginning in January 2015, employees began to inform every member/potential credit union member of the upcoming Military Saves Week and the special savings opportunities that would be happening during that time period.
- A form was created by the staff to enable out-of-town members to participate in the savings program and establish new accounts during the promotional period.
- Management sent emails to deployed Marines to inform them of Military Saves and invite them to participate.
- The branch's continuous contact, education and informing to Marines resulted in new accounts opened this year with opening deposits totaling $48,475.00 for the promotional month.
- 48 savers opened new accounts, 98 savers added to existing accounts, and 146 savers initiated automatic savings deposits.
The Association of Military Banks of America (AMBA) will host its Annual Workshop August 29-September 2, 2015 at the Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg, Va. For more information, please visit: http://www.ambahq.org/index.php/item/203-2015-workshop
The Defense Credit Union Council (DCUC) will host its Annual Conference August 16- August 19, 2015 at the Bellagio, Las Vegas, NV. For more information, please visit: http://www.dcuc.org/?page=2015AnnualConference
- Guidelines for Participating Organizations
- Campaign Coordinator Timeline
- Campaign Coordinator Participation Level Grid
- Goals and Impacts Worksheet
- Designation of Savings Excellence
Toolkit and Downloads
- Sample Press Release
- Sample Commander's Proclamation (Military Saves version)
- Sample Commander's Proclamation (Service version)
A proposed template Commander's Proclamation designed to be modified by each service based on correspondence regulations and the local commander.
- America/Military Saves Week Reporting Survey & Designation of Savings Excellence Application
This year, the designation application is a part of the America/Military Saves Week Reporting Survey. We simplified both with fewer and easier-to-answer questions.
Getting started is easy! Select your organization type below for customized resources.
Who Should Participate?
Family Readiness Centers
Help servicemembers, DoD employees & their families. Participate in Military Saves Campaign year round and partner with organizations and units on the entire installation during Military Saves Month each year in April.
Individuals & Families
Strengthen your future. Healthy finances and open communication about money contributes to marital stability and gives kids a solid foundation for the future. Take the pledge today!
Military Leaders and Project Officers (POCs)
Make your unit a savings community. Through a simple annual process modeled after CFC, you can invite your personnel to increase their personal financial readiness.
Military Banks & Credit Unions
Increase deposits and support our troops. Customizable graphics and personal consultation help your operations and marketing staff personalize your participation in this worldwide campaign.
Nonprofit Organizations & Associations
Embrace the campaign and help it grow! Offer your resources to expand the movement to increase the nation's savings rate. New partnerships contributing financial, executive, marketing, and technical support are invited.